DENVER — Mary’s Tails, a brand of hemp CBD-infused tinctures, balms and gels for pets, announced May 13 its products have been added to PetSmart stores in select areas of the United States. This marks the first CBD brand for pets to be stocked in PetSmart stores. The hemp-based pet products will be added to PetSmart locations throughout Colorado, Oregon, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. The companies plan to expand distribution to other states this summer. "Our exciting partnership with PetSmart makes the Mary’s Tails product . . . Before you type “CBD for dogs near me,” you may want to consider checking the offer of online stores. Here we break down the pros and cons of buying CBD for dogs near me vs on the internet. /PRNewswire/ — Pet parents seeking trustworthy hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) solutions for their dogs and cats can now find leading hemp extract brand,…
PetSmart adds first CBD pet product to select stores
DENVER — Mary’s Tails, a brand of hemp CBD-infused tinctures, balms and gels for pets, announced May 13 its products have been added to PetSmart stores in select areas of the United States. This marks the first CBD brand for pets to be stocked in PetSmart stores.
The hemp-based pet products will be added to PetSmart locations throughout Colorado, Oregon, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. The companies plan to expand distribution to other states this summer.
“Our exciting partnership with PetSmart makes the Mary’s Tails product suite even more accessible to pet parents, allowing them to provide their dogs and cats with the daily wellness benefits of hemp-derived CBD,” said Luke Mullins, vice president of pet sales at Mary’s Brands.
The brand is owned by Mary’s Brands, a CBD product company founded in 2016 offering CBD-infused products for pets and humans. Mary’s Tails formulates its pet products with full-spectrum hemp extract and CBD sourced from its partner farms in Loveland, Colo.
“PetSmart continues to build a world class shopping experience through merchandising, product selection, and service. We evaluated numerous CBD pet brands and selected Mary’s Tails to be the first CBD brand to be on shelf,” said Tim Milano, Vice President of Merchandising, PetSmart. “The addition of Mary’s Tails will answer the call from our consumers seeking options for a highly trusted hemp extract with naturally occurring CBD for pets.”
According to Mary’s Tails, the company tests all products for pesticides, heavy metals, microbials and solvents. All internal and external testing is made public. Products include transdermal gel pens, tinctures, capsules and balms at various dosages targeting overall health and wellness.
In the pet specialty retail channel, sales of hemp-CBD products have grown tremendously since 2016, starting at just $163,000 in sales and growing to nearly $9 million in 2019, said Maria Lange, pet and cannabis research specialist for Nielsen Global Connect during a presentation at Global Pet Expo 2020.
As these products move into the big box pet channel and national pet retail chains, the marketplace demands more research, regulatory approval and education on the use of CBD in pet health products.
Read more about CBD pet products and how they fit in to today’s pet marketplace.
CBD for Dogs Near Me: Finding Nearest Pet CBD Stores Location
If your dog is suffering from pain or is anxious after a move or due to fireworks, CBD may come in handy.
But the question is, “Where can I find CBD for dogs near me?”
You can find CBD for dogs online or at a local pet store near you. We’ve prepared some helpful tips to narrow down your options. We also share necessary information to help you find out which CBD pet product is safe and effective for your furry buddy.
CBD for Dogs Near Me (Highlights)
- You can find CBD dog products by typing “CBD for dogs near me” and using Google Maps to find the nearest store.
- To verify your local vendor, check if they are mentioned in Google’s recommended stores and read user reviews to find out what other customers are saying about their products and services.
- Local stores usually offer a limited selection of pet products, not to mention they often come without certificates of analysis (CoA).
- Buying CBD for dogs online is easier and more convenient than local shopping. It gives you more product options, access to better prices, and more opportunities to research your potential supplier.
- You can easily weed out substandard CBD dog products by checking the hemp source, extraction method, overall formula, brand reputation, and third-party lab reports.
- Talk to your vet before buying CBD oil for dogs, especially if they’re taking any medication. CBD is known to interact with many pharmaceutical drugs, so it’s best to err on the side of caution.
Best CBD Oil for Dogs Near Me
1. Royal CBD
- Locally grown organic hemp
- Extracted with supercritical CO2
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Available in 2 strengths
- Up to 500 mg of CBD per bottle
- Bacon flavor!
- 3rd-party tested for potency and purity
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not available in local CBD stores (this may soon change)
Royal CBD is known for its remarkable quality of CBD oils for humans. Now, the company is using the same award-winning formula to cater to dogs.
The Royal CBD Pet Oil comes in two strengths: 250 mg and 500 mg, making them suitable for dogs of different breeds and sizes. For larger dogs, we recommend the 500 mg version; it will be easier to gauge the dosage, and the oil will last you longer than its low-potency counterpart.
These are full-spectrum CBD oils, so your dog is getting the benefits of the whole-plant extract as the entourage effect. Full-spectrum CBD is more effective at addressing canine health needs than broad-spectrum products and isolate.
And if your buddy doesn’t like the taste of natural CBD oil, Royal CBD offers bacon-flavored extracts. There’s no way a dog would fuss over bacon.
2. Gold Bee
- Sourced from US-grown organic hemp
- Contains full-spectrum CBD
- Up to 40 mg CBD/mL
- Great potency range for medium-sized and large cats
- Third-party tested for potency and purity
- Great peanut butter flavor
- No bacon flavor
- No low-strength oils (like 125 mg)
Our runner-up, Gold Bee, is a true maverick in the CBD space. Similar to Royal CBD, the company uses the same premium-quality CBD extracts as in its selection of human products.
Gold Bee uses California-grown hemp, makes its products with supercritical CO2, and suspends them in organic MCT oil for faster absorption and milder taste.
The Gold Bee CBD pet oil is one of the best organic CBD products for dogs you can find near you. It packs 600 mg of full-spectrum CBD per bottle in a delicious peanut butter flavor.
It’s a viable product for larger dogs or those with more serious symptoms. However, owners of Schnauzers and Chihuahuas may find it difficult to measure their dog’s CBD dosage. If you have either of these breeds, check out the low-potency option from Royal CBD.
How to Find CBD for Dogs Near Me
As mentioned earlier, you can even find CBD dog treats somewhere near you or online. In this section, we elaborate on each option and recommend the best solution for finding a high-quality product for your four-legged friend.
How to Find CBD for Dogs Locally
Sometimes you may feel puzzled and don’t know where to start when you’re trying to find a CBD pet store in your neighborhood. Despite being legal in all 50 states, CBD pet oil isn’t available in every pet shop.
And even if you find one, how do you know if the products are reliable and safe?
If you want to find CBD for dogs near you, the easiest option is to use the courtesy of Google Maps. Almost every business is listed there, so a quick search with Google Maps should bring plenty of results.
Using Google Maps to Find CBD for Dogs Near Me
Computers and Laptops:
- Turn on Google Maps on your browser.
- Enter your current address in the search bar.
- Click the magnifying glass icon next to the search bar once you know your location (or hit “enter”)
- Choose “Nearby” on the lefthand panel.
- Then, type “CBD for dogs near me” or “pet CBD near me” – and press “enter.”
- The results will pop up. You can further narrow down your search using filters. You can do it by choosing working hours or customer rating.
- Download the Google Maps app if you don’t have it already. The “Nearby” button is built into the app’s software, so you won’t see it.
- Open the app and make sure it’s been updated.
- Type “CBD for dogs near me” or “pet CBD near me” in the search bar. Once done, hit “enter” or press “search.”
- Drag the map to the desired region.
- Once you have selected the location, you’ll see “Search this area” pop up at the top of your screen. If it doesn’t show up, try zooming in or tapping the map; this will force it to appear.
- Hit “search this area” and google will look for stores that have CBD for dogs near you.
Now, what to do if the Google Maps app doesn’t work?
Open it again and type your address into the search bar. Then, hit “enter,” “search,” or “return” on your device’s keyboard. Google will target the area nearest to your location. Once there, clear the search field, type “CBD for dogs” and the results should pop up near your address.
While a search on Google Maps will show you plenty of results, they won’t always have the products you’re looking for. Companies might change their assortment without letting Google know about it. The products might also be sold out or off-limits.
Since Google usually provides phone numbers to these businesses, it’s a good idea to give them a call and find out if the products you’re searching for are still available.
How to Find CBD for Dogs Online
Buying CBD for dogs online is another great way to get high-quality products for your pup. Local CBD stores are a good choice if you need them now and don’t mind driving between different shops.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open your browser and type “Google.com” into the address bar.
- Once there, type “best CBD products for dogs” into the search bar.
- You’ll notice that the first few results have the word “add” next to them, meaning someone paid to be featured at the top of the Google results page.
- Check out the few unpaid websites to see if you can find a pet CBD product you’re looking for.
Ordering CBD online is easier and almost hassle-free. You can do the shopping in the comfort of your home, browse through hundreds of different products, and take advantage of discounts and reward programs to save more money on high-quality CBD for dogs.
However, the internet is also a place where many scammers are lurking to capitalize on the booming market and unaware customers.
We’ll get to that later on, but first, let’s take a look at which way is better — buying CBD for dogs online or near you.
CBD for Dogs Online vs. Locally: Which is Better?
Buying CBD oil online is often a better alternative. The CBD products for pets sold in online stores often come directly from the manufacturer. When you buy a product from the manufacturer, you cut out the middleman and can enjoy better prices on CBD oils and CBD treats for dogs.
This also means you can talk to the customer service and have any doubts dispelled about the qualities of specific products. Most pet stores include CBD in their offer because it’s a trending topic; few of them are knowledgeable about the effects of cannabinoids and terpenes.
Going through an online store also gives you the opportunity to check the certificates of analysis (COA) of the product. The certificate should include the list of all cannabinoids and terpenes and provide results for purity, including common contaminants such as pesticides, heavy metals, solvents, and mold.
While some CBD products for pets on the shelves have been tested by a third-party laboratory, they won’t have that information readily available, making it difficult to choose a safe and effective product.
You’ll also notice that you can choose from a plethora of different formulas, potencies, sizes, and flavors of CBD pet products, unlike with local stores, where you usually have 2-3 products available.
What to Look for When Shopping for CBD for Dogs
Buying CBD for dogs online is simple. The only difficulty may be narrowing down the number of results. We’ve selected a few essential factors that will help you separate the wheat from the chaff.
Make sure the brand you’re buying from isn’t running any shady businesses. Look them up online to check their reputation. Look for an “about me” section where you can learn more about the company’s history, mission, and manufacturing practices. Check what other dog parents are saying about the brand and if they recommend it to other people on third-party websites.
If you notice the brand only provides scant information or the customer service doesn’t respond to your calls or messages, you may want to look for another vendor. High-quality CBD brands provide detailed information about their CBD products, how to give them to pets, and how these products are made. The customer service should also be responsive and able to answer your questions.
Companies offering generous return policies show confidence in the quality of their product. On the other hand, brands with strict policies may not believe in their products and just want a quick buck. You should always have the option to send the product back for a refund if it doesn’t work for your pet or the dog doesn’t like the flavor.
CBD oil is a product that your dog will consume every day. Look for CBD pet brands that use all-natural, organic ingredients and avoid unnecessary fillers or ingredients that compromise the quality of the product for the sake of cutting costs.
While the overall quality of CBD pet products is important, it’s also paramount that the CBD extract is of high quality. Premium CBD products come from hemp that’s locally grown by farmers in greenhouses and with light deprivation grow techniques to provide resinous, CBD-rich buds.
Always — really, ALWAYS — look for brands that share their lab reports from a third-party laboratory. Each batch of CBD dog products for sale should be third-party tested, ensuring quality, effectiveness, and safety. Companies without COAs can’t guarantee that you’ll get what you’ve paid for. Avoid such picks at all times.
Customer reviews deliver honest feedback for CBD pet products. If a company doesn’t show user reviews or has plenty of negative opinions on their website, that’s another sign you’re dealing with an unreliable business.
Last but not least, hemp should always be organic. This means growing the plants in fertile soil without pesticides or artificial fertilizers. Again, check the COA for details about pesticides and heavy metals in your product — they will tell you whether or not the hemp was grown organically.
Ingredients to Avoid in CBD for Dogs
There are certain ingredients you should steer away from. They’re biologically inappropriate for dogs, and CBD pet products with these ingredients can do more harm than good.
Here’s the black list:
- Corn and wheat gluten
- Artificial colorings (Blue 2, Red 40, Yellow 5, and 4-MIE
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole): a common preservative that can cause allergies in dogs
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene): is another preservative that can trigger allergic reactions.
- Ethoxyquin: a common preservative added to pet food that can be toxic in large or repetitive doses.
- PG (Propylene Glycol)
- Rendered fat
What Ingredients to Look for
On the other hand, there are several healthy and beneficial ingredients in quality CBD products for those, including:
- Hemp Seed Oil – this carrier oil supports your dog’s skin health, helps with digestive problems, and increases the bioavailability of CBD
- Salmon Oil – is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, enhances immune function, improves cardiovascular health, and provides anti-inflammatory effects. It also encourages cognitive function and promotes healthy coat and skin.
- Chamomile – small doses of chamomile act as an anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant. It’s also known for its stress-relieving properties.
- Flaxseed – this ingredient offers anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve discomfort and improve the overall well-being of your dog.
How Can CBD Help Dogs?
Although CBD products aren’t intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any condition, preliminary research on the health benefits of CBD for dogs is promising.
Here’s how it can help your dog:
CBD for Arthritis
A 2018 study analyzed the effects of CBD in dogs with osteoarthritis. The subjects were administered doses of CBD twice a day or a placebo oil for four weeks. At the end of the trial, the CBD group had a significant improvement in pain markers and physical activity.
CBD for Seizures
In a 12-week-long clinical trial, the research team gave dogs CBD or a placebo to find out if CBD paired with anti-epileptic medication was effective for seizures. Dogs who were treated with CBD had their seizure frequency significantly reduced compared to the placebo group. However, the study involved a small sample size, and some dogs receiving a placebo also had some improvements in their seizure activity, so more research is needed to conclude on this subject.
CBD for Stress and Anxiety
A small clinical study of 24 dogs investigated the efficacy of CBD on stress-related behavior in shelter dogs. The dogs were given either an olive oil placebo or CBD for 45 days. The dogs from the CBD group had reduced aggressive behavior toward humans, but this difference wasn’t statistically significant. Nevertheless, the authors believe that CBD oil can help with dogs’ anxiety and reduce aggressive behavior in shelters.
Is CBD Safe for Dogs?
Unlike THC, CBD is safe for dogs, but some potential side effects are linked to ingesting large doses of CBD.
The most common side effects in dogs are dry mouth, dizziness, confusion, nausea, and diarrhea. High doses of CBD may also elevate liver enzymes — specifically alkaline phosphatase.
Some veterinarians reported increased appetite and sleepiness after giving dogs CBD.
While full-spectrum CBD products for dogs contain a trace amount of THC (below 0.3%), this isn’t enough to cause toxicity in a dog. The symptoms of THC toxicity include vomiting, slow heartbeat, lethargy, excessive drooling, and paranoia.
If your dog is on any medication, let your vet know before buying CBD. The compound is known to interact with over 60% of pharmaceuticals, creating the risk of cross-drug interactions. A consultation with a qualified veterinarian will help you space out the dosage and timing for both substances to avoid these interactions.
Key Takeaways on Finding CBD for Dogs Near Me
As the CBD pet space is thriving, you’ll see more and more CBD for dogs popping up, be it somewhere near you or online. The variety spoils you for choice, including tasty treats, bacon-flavored CBD oils, capsules, and creams.
While you can find some decent CBD pet products in your local animal store, buying CBD for a dog online is much easier. Not only does it give you better prices in general, but it also provides you with access to hundreds of different products without leaving home.
No bouncing between pet stores, no interviews with the store’s owner — only a little hassle with the research.
When buying CBD for a dog online, make sure to check the hemp source, extraction method, brand reputation, and third-party lab testing. Only then can you ensure a safe purchase for your canine friend.
- Gamble, L. J., Boesch, J. M., Frye, C. W., Schwark, W. S., Mann, S., Wolfe, L., Brown, H., Berthelsen, E. S., & Wakshlag, J. J. (2018). Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Clinical Efficacy of Cannabidiol Treatment in Osteoarthritic Dogs. Frontiers in veterinary science, 5, 165. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2018.00165 
- McGrath, S., Bartner, L. R., Rao, S., Packer, R. A., & Gustafson, D. L. (2019). Randomized blinded controlled clinical trial to assess the effect of oral cannabidiol administration in addition to conventional antiepileptic treatment on seizure frequency in dogs with intractable idiopathic epilepsy. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 254(11), 1301–1308. https://doi.org/10.2460/javma.254.11.1301 
- Corsetti, S., Borruso, S., Malandrucco, L., Spallucci, V., Maragliano, L., Perino, R., D’Agostino, P., & Natoli, E. (2021). Cannabis sativa L. may reduce aggressive behaviour towards humans in shelter dogs. Scientific reports, 11(1), 2773. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-82439-2 
Livvy is a registered nurse (RN) and board-certified nurse midwife (CNM) in the state of New Jersey. After giving birth to her newborn daughter, Livvy stepped down from her full-time position at the Children’s Hospital of New Jersey. This gave her the opportunity to spend more time writing articles on all topics related to pregnancy and prenatal care.
Leading CBD Pet Line Mary’s Tails Now Available at PetSmart
DENVER , May 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Pet parents seeking trustworthy hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) solutions for their dogs and cats can now find leading hemp extract brand, Mary’s Tails, in select PetSmart stores throughout the country. Mary’s Tails, part of the Mary’s Brands (“Mary’s”) portfolio, is the first hemp extract brand to be sold at PetSmart and was selected due to its focus on transparency, quality, efficacy and pet-friendly delivery methods.
Mary’s, a leading manufacturer of full spectrum hemp extract with naturally occurring CBD-infused products for both humans and pets, was among the first to introduce hemp-infused pet products to the market in 2016 and continues to innovate at the intersection of horticulture and modern technology. Formulated for dogs and cats, Mary’s Tails’ products can help keep pets happy, healthy and calm.
Mary’s Tails’ suite of six customizable CBD pet solutions will initially be carried in 122 PetSmart stores throughout Colorado , Oregon , Indiana , Kentucky and Tennessee , with plans to expand to additional stores across the country by summer 2020. “Our exciting partnership with PetSmart makes the Mary’s Tails product suite even more accessible to pet parents, allowing them to provide their dogs and cats with the daily wellness benefits of hemp-derived CBD,” said Luke Mullins , VP of Pet Sales at Mary’s Brands.
“PetSmart continues to build a world class shopping experience through merchandising, product selection, and service. We evaluated numerous CBD pet brands and selected Mary’s Tails to be the first CBD brand to be on shelf,” said Tim Milano , Vice President of Merchandising, PetSmart. “The addition of Mary’s Tails will answer the call from our consumers seeking options for a highly trusted hemp extract with naturally occurring CBD for pets.”
All Mary’s Tails products feature clear communication on packaging and undergo internal and external lab testing with results made public for all to see. Products are tested to confirm they are free of pesticides, heavy metals, microbials and solvents. The hemp extract used in Mary’s Tails is sourced from partner farms, ensuring quality from seed to shelf. Mary’s Tails uses extracts sourced only from the flower of the hemp plant and not the seeds and stalk.
About Mary’s Tails™:
Mary’s Tails is dedicated to creating natural, holistic solutions for pets. Leading with years of experience in CBD, Mary’s Tails helps improve the lives of both pets and their parents. For more information on Mary’s Tails please visit www.marystails.com. Follow Mary’s Tails on Instagram at @MarysTails.
1 According to the Brightfield Group, the leading consumer insights and market intelligence firm for the CBD and cannabis industries